This afternoon, a L3/4 friend came out to give me an online coaching session.
We went out into the large field with Guinness on the 22' line, and Cody's owner as a spectator.
Things we noticed (as compared to our previous session a month ago):
- he was unconcerned about the other horses
- his backing has improved
- his send with rhythm has lots of energy - but he switches between the higher gaits (canter/trot)
- his Figure 8 is much improved
- 4 laps circling, without stopping, at consistent gait
- weave at distance
- influencing Zone 1 from Zone 3/4/5 using carrot stick
After our session, I rode a little in the roundpen with one rein and a carrot stick.
Things to work on:
- lateral flexion with the carrot stick
- stopping using the rail for support
- not squeezing to ask for "go" (he leaps!)
I'm hoping to get back to the indoor arena this Thursday and Friday mornings.
PS - Isn't this the cutest painting? Click on the image to go to the artist's blog!