Saturday, May 2, 2009

Where Did April Go??


Hi folks -

As I write this it is 10:00 pm and I've just finished catching up on reading the wonderful blogs that I follow. (Tenley, I'm sure glad that you are ok; Fran, it is too cool watching you play with Princess; Horsegirl, I totally admire your incremental progress and determination; and Michelle, I hope that you get well soon!)

I'm lying in bed trying to figure out where the month of April went, and what I did with the time! I can't believe that I haven't updated my blog since mid March.. Many, many things have happened in that time, but I'm having trouble remembering them. Old age, I guess.

Here is a list of things that come to mind:
- Guinness turned two years old on April 26th!
- got a new digital camera with video, including "YouTube" mode
- bought a new trailer and sold my old one
- attended the Parelli Celebration in Harrisburg, PA with 10 members of our local Parelli Play Group
- Guinness has two new half-sisters at Coop's Rockies, born in April
- My husband set all of the posts today for my new 60 ft wooden rail roundpen
- Cody got new "magic shoes" to correct his contracted heels and make him more comfortable
- Smokey & I went on a trail ride to Foster Falls (New River Trail) with some members of the PPG and had a great time!
- finished reading two more of Temple Grandin's books: Animals in Translation and Thinking in Pictures - LOTS to think about
- joined the new www.shareparelli.com site, and then joined a clicker training sub-group (and posted a message)
- Guinness had his first real bath and encountered his first bicycle!

I'm sure that I'm forgetting tons. I'll have to review the photos/video from the past month to see if it jogs my memory. ;-)

I promise to post again very soon!

(The top photo is of Cody in my back yard. The middle photo is of Guinness drinking out of the wading pool. The bottom photo is of my lawn mowing crew - Cody & Smokey!)

No comments: