The things that we need to play with most are:
- good, consistent circles at the full 22', with obstacles and w/o breaking gait
- good, constant Sideways over a pole at a distance and w/o a fence
- jumping barrels
- good, consistent weave & figure-8 patterns (more my issue than his!!)
- life up to go
- walk/trot or gait transitions
- Sideways 20' along a fence
- Open a gate
Here is the detailed breakdown:
- All L1 tasks
- All L2 except: pick up all 4 from one side (not tried), circling with obstacles maintaining gate, reliable sideways over pole, sideways w/o fence, jump barrels.
- L3 achieved: extreme helicopter, flag, pedestal, hind feet on pedestal, message inside ear, ball on horse, lead by ear, hold tongue, lead by mane, drive from Z5 w. one rein (out on trails!!), S patterns, falling leaf (my technique needs improvement), trailer load, forward under tarp, one foot on a pole.
- L4 achieved: Swing rope from Zone 5, 1 foot on object, bounce ball on horse, slap ground 6 times from Zone 5, lead backward by tail, backward under tarp.
- All L1, except: squeeze to go (still refining)
- L2 achieved: swing legs, rub w. raincoat, toss rein over head, swing carrot stick, mount from fence, back up 10 steps w. 9 step backup, lift rein & hold to stop and back up, change direction at walk, ride through narrow space, walk over small log, turn face & wait.
- All L2 except: walk-trot-walk transitions
- L3 achieved: horse comes willingly, stand on tarp/pedestal, extreme friendly Z1-3, lead backward by tail, lead backward by leg, lead by ear, move hind end, draw at walk, change direction at trot, slow sideways